Up to $5000 in cash or prizes to be won!
Do you have what it takes?
Consider yourself the ultimate punter?
Put your money where your mouth is!
This is your chance to back yourself and show that you are the Wellington Racing Club’s Champion Punter.
Enter on your own, or get a group of up to 5 of the best punters together!
You only need the $600 betting fund and entry fee to start, and you’re off!
Entry Fee : $60 per person with a maximum of 5 per team
$600 betting fund for the team deposited on the day as per competition rules
Registration must be complete to allow investing on the first race which is scheduled at approx 12.00 noon (tbc)
ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE or ENTER ON-LINE HERE
Your day at Trentham includes:
- Access to the Members stand at Trentham plus the dedicated Punters Challenge Room
- MC for the day
- Buffet lunch
- Large Screen (plus other screens showing racing across Australasia)
- Enough totes to ensure you don't get closed out! (Subject to reasonable time frames)
- Beverage vouchers
- A discounted cash bar will be in operation
Prizes up for grabs
1st Prize (Largest betting fund total at the end of the competition)
The title of “Trentham Punter of the year”
The Trentham Punters Challenge Trophy
Entry to the 2017 NZ Punter of the Year Competition at Hastings in October 2017 including the Betting Fund
$500 cash for expenses at Hastings
Gold Membership (single) at Trentham for each of the team members for the remaining meetings of the 2016-2017 season and the entire 2017 -2018 season*
2nd Prize (2nd highest total and the the end of the competition)
3rd Prize (3rd highest total at the end of the competition)
Prize for the highest turnover of the betting fund during the competition
Prize for the Competition Leader after Races 3
Gold Members guest tickets to the Champagne Lounge
Brasserie Restaurant vouchers for each team member on Wellington Steeplechase Day 15 July 2017
(If winning more than one prize, entrants can exchange days to other racedays up to and including (Labour Weekend Raceday 2017)
Plus spot Prizes and lucky draws during the day
For more information call 04 528 9611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org *Conditions apply.
Punter of the year competition entry is for one team and normally a maximum number of 3 members
ENTER ON-LINE- HERE
Winners and results for 2016
Thank you to all those who entered.
Sharky with $3726.85
Gold Mine with $1241.75
El Hombre Gordo'd Pony Club with $1011.45
Leader at Race 3:
Rock my soul
Winners and results for 2015
The Red Lobsters with $2317.95 (Allan Davidson etc)
The Rolling Stones with $1678.00 (Kevin Day etc)
Two Bob Each way with $1400.05 (Jason Knott etc)
TG with $2354
Leader at Race 3:
Horse Whisperer with $1293
Winners and results for 2014
A big thank you to all those who entered.
The 3 Stooges with $1550.55(KevinDay etc)
Recover Stakes with $1285.05 (Peter Brinfield etc)
Punting Painters with $1200.05 (Ryan Kinealy etc)
Recovery Stakes with $1818
Leader at Race 3:
Punting Painters with $2808
WELLINGTON RACING CLUB
2017 TRENTHAM PUNTERS CHALLENGE RULES AND CONDITIONS
- All contestants must be registered by 5pm Friday, 26th May 2017. Entries will be accepted on a “first come basis”.
- Name of contestants is to be disclosed - although a Pseudonym (nom de plume) may be used for publicity purposes.
- A $600 betting fund, together with the entry fee is to be paid to the Wellington Racing Club prior to raceday or in cash on the morning of the race meeting. The entry fee is $60 per person with a maximum of five people per team. No cheques will be accepted on race day unless with the prior approval of the General Manager of the Wellington Racing Club. All team Members’ must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum of $60 to be invested on each race commencing with race one. There is no maximum. There are no fixed odds bets permitted in the competition.
- If contestants run out of funds, no additional funds can be added.
- If the balance is less than $60, the entire amount shall be invested.
- All-Up betting is permitted however, after the initial investment, a minimum of $60 (or your total if your balance is less than $60) must continue to be invested on each of the following races independent of any all-up bet carrying over. Where a punter has no funds available, but has a “live” all-up bet in place, the contestant will not be excluded from the competition. When their all-up dividend is declared the contestant must resume investing a minimum of $60 on the remaining races if sufficient funds are available.
- All competition bets to be placed on the Wellington Racing Club’s race meeting.
- Pick Six / Fixed Odds/ Place 6 / Triple Trio – Please note that none of these bet type can be included in Punter Of Year competition
- The teams designated “better” must be in a tote queue no later than eight minutes prior to the starting time of each race to ensure bets are placed. Entrants/teams must bet on every race.
- In the event of a race inquiry which is not resolved prior to five minutes before the start of the following race, any contestant who has funds to reinvest on that race due to the inquiry, shall not be disqualified but shall resume investing on the race after the inquiry is complete.
- No Club official (officiating in the room on the day) shall be eligible to enter.
- The winner shall be the contestant with the highest balance after the dividends are declared for the last race and have been added to the contestants’ deposit ticket.
- The individual balance and payout of amounts earned will be available as soon as possible after the last race “All Clear” but the winners’ name (or nom de plume) and presentation will be announced at the following club presentation.
- In the event of a tie, the winner shall be drawn by lot under the supervision of the Racecourse Inspector, or person of similar standing.
- If for any reason, the race meeting is postponed or cancelled after race 4, the person who has the highest balance at the time the meeting is stopped on this day, shall be determined the winner. If the race meeting is postponed or cancelled before race 4 then teams can cash their betting slips and receive a 50% refund of entry fee. If the meeting is postponed or cancelled before the day then all moneys given to the Wellington Racing Club is refunded.
- Entry into the Trentham Punters Challenge ‘Room’ will be restricted to those persons named on the official entry form (maximum of five persons per team). Drink vouchers will be issued with the competition betting voucher at the commencement of the competition. These can be used for standard beer, single spirit, house wine & non-alcoholic drinks. If you use all your vouchers a cash bar will operate. A buffet luncheon will be provided.
- Maximum number of team entries is 75.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel the competition if less than 20 entries are received.
- All contestants will be given their pin activated deposit tickets at the commencement of the day in the Trentham Punters Challenge Room.
- Competitors deposit tickets are individually pin coded and must be presented to the tote operator before any bets are entered.
- Contestants must check their betting tickets after each bet.
- A Wellington Racing Club representative will keep a running tally of each contestant’s pool. Progressive totals will be made available
- The winner will be announced as soon as possible after the declaration of the last race.
- In the event of the winning team containing 4 or 5 players, the team will be issued with 1 or 2 additional members stand tickets for NZ Punter of the Year Day at Hawkes Bay. (Current NZ Punter of the Year rules state that no more than 3 players from each team may be in the punters arena at any one time.)
- The prizes for Gold Room access and Brasserie Vouchers are to be redeemed on Steeplechase Day 2017 or if required either June 2017 or October 2017 Race meetings, subject to availability.
- The Wellington Racing Club reserves the right to allow late entries if space in the Trentham Punters Challenge Room allows.
- Please remember that in the event of any dispute, or unforseen circumstances arising, the judges’ decision is final and no further dispute shall be entered into.
A TAB trace will ensure that each contestant has abided by these Rules.
You must present your deposit ticket to the operator before any bets are entered.
You can only bet after the “Betting Open” announcement has been made for each race.
You must bet a minimum of $60 on each race.
You must check your ticket(s).
You must retain your deposit ticket at all times.
To download a copy of the rules CLICK HERE
On-line entry for WRC Punter of the year